Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 4 March 2014

February Favourite's

So, I know it’s a few days late but I have never done one of these and really wanted to. At the moment, I’m really busy trying to write two essays due in for Friday, but I didn’t want to get behind on blogging now I’m getting into a routing of posting once or twice a week. Anyway, back to the subject of my blog post. These are my top five beauty products I used or discovered in February.

Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean - £8

I actually purchased this Soap and Glory cleanser mid January but it took me a few weeks to decide whether I liked it or not. At first I wasn’t sure on the smell; it’s a mix between peach and mint which a lot of people adore, but it took me a couple of weeks to decide whether I liked it or not. I wouldn’t say it’s the nicest smelling S&G product, but I can see why people like it.

Like the smell, it took me a while to figure out how to use the product in a way that suited me. It says to use every evening (and morning if you’ve slept with makeup on) to melt away makeup. I currently do this, but I was simply squeezing the cleanser onto a flannel to scrub the makeup from my eyes. As you can imagine, my face got a bit sore doing this. So I eventually bought makeup remover and cotton pads to take my eye makeup off, and then I cleanse my face by massaging the product onto my skin with my finger tips. I don’t know if that’s how you’re suppose to use it but it works for me. I’ve noticed my skin is a lot softer and I don’t get dry skin as often. Before I exfoliated twice a day and I think this is what caused random dry patches.

Smashbox Try It Kit - £19

I’m going to write a more detailed review of the Smashbox Try It Kit but I absolutely love it. Five high end mini products for less than £20 is great value to me. And I’ve found a couple of gems that I will purchase in full size in the future.

Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in shade Audacious - £7.99

My boyfriend actually bought me this to say well done for getting a first on one my uni modules. I’ve wanted an orange lipstick for ages, and thought I bought one in my Fragrance direct haul, a couple of posts back. Unfortunately, it was just a gloss. I kept walking past these ColorBurst Matte Balm’s in Boots and really wanted the shade. After I got my results, my boyfriend said I could take advantage of the three for two offer and this was the first thing I picked up. It’s such a gorgeous colour and so easy to apply and I will definitely be buying more ColorBurst Matte Balms in the future.

EcoTools Bamboo 6 Piece Brush Set - £14.99


I really wanted some more makeup brushes to add to my collection and after reading a lot of reviews on these brushes, I decided to buy both these brushes and the face set as it was buy one, get the second half price. Although I love both sets of brushes, I definitely use the eye ones a lot more. I eventually want to invest in some more expensive brushes like Real Techniques, but for now, these do the job perfectly.

Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm - £1


Recently, I’ve been getting really dry lips and I’m probably noticing them more because I’ve been wearing a lot of matte lipsticks. I came across a review where someone said they preferred Carmex to the Maybelline Baby Lips. I love the Baby Lips, so when I came across this in Poundland for, you guessed it, a pound, I couldn’t resist buying it to test it. It’s not the nicest tasting thing in the world, but it actually has really helped my lips. And for a quid, you can’t really go wrong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment