Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Mini Boots Haul

So yesterday was the last day of the beloved Boots 3for2 offer, and I was thinking to myself how I hadn't really taken advantage of the offer. I've spent a lot of money this month on new storage and Mother's Day presents so I kind of put myself on a spending ban. At the start of the offer, my boyfriend treated me as I did well in my uni results and I also stocked up on some Soap and Glory skin care range, as I would have bought it all eventually anyway. But that was it.

However, I remembered I had some points on my Boots card. Not many, about £8.50 worth, but I thought I may as well go into Boots and spend them as two of the things I wanted weren't expensive anyway.


The first thing I picked up was the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer. Considering I've been reading blogs for over a year, and blogging for 2 months, I should really have owned this by now as nearly every beauty blogger loves this product. But to me, it was something I kept saying I would buy next time (I set myself a budget each month, whether I stick to it or not is another story.) But today, I finally purchased it, to see if it lived up to the hype. I chose the shade 'cool medium' as when I tested them on my hands, it seems the closest one to my skin tone. There's little difference between this one and 'light' but I thought as it's coming up to summer, my skin will darken soon anyway. I have this concealer on now, and I must say I'm quite impressed  at the coverage. I'm going out to dinner soon with my friends so it will be interesting to see if it lasts all night. 

The second thing I put in my basket is this Soft Khol Kajal eye pencil in white by Rimmel. I've wanted a white eyeliner for ages to line my waterline with and make my eyes look bigger. I didn't want to spend more than £3 on one, as I don't really like spending much on eyeliner. I was torn between this one and a Natural Collections eyeliner, but I went with Rimmel as it's a more well known brand, and I don't own anything from Natural Collections. 

The last thing I bought was a Collection 2000 Lasting Colour lipstick in the shade Queen of Hearts. I recently saw Annie Pancake wear it in this blog post and I thought it was a stunning shade. I was shocked that it only cost £2.99, the packaging is nice and sturdy. I wore this out tonight as well and it reminded me of my No7 Love Red lipstick but I actually liked the Collection 2000 one a lot better. Even through a full meal and one messy pudding, my lipstick lasted. I'll definitely be checking out other shades in the Collection 2000 range. 

Overall, I'm pleased with my products and I think it was 718 points well spent. Did you make any last minute purchases in Boots yesterday? 

2 comments:

  1. I completely forgot the offer ended! I'm gutted :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The collection lasting concealer is a beauty blogger must have!

    http://rachelcoco.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete