Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 7 March 2014

My first Lush purchases!

Before I start this post I want to say that I've learnt many new things this week, one of them is how easy it is to take photo's in day light as opposed to artificial light. Why didn't no one tell me this before?!                                

                   
Like most people, I assumed Lush only sold soap and bath bombs, and whilst they look beautiful, to me they're something you receive perhaps as a gift and I never considered buying anything for myself. Because of this, I've only been inside Lush a few times. Whenever I walk past, the smell is very overwhelming and the shop always looks so busy (and they're always so small too!) and this put me off.
                               
But after scrolling through instagram, I saw someone had posted a photo of a Lush lip scrub. Whilst it seems obvious to me now that these things existed, I've only ever encountered one lip scrub and that was in Superdrug by the brand Look. I have a lot of problems with my lips becoming dry and I tend to exfoliate by rubbing a towel on them or using my toothbrush but they leave me feeling sore. So after searching the Lush website, I decided to take the plunge and head over to Lush before I went to University yesterday.
This photo doesn't do it justice - it's a really bright pink.
I found the scrub straight away. There are three flavours to choose from; mint, bubblegum and popcorn. To me, these seem odd choices of flavours and I would have expected more conventional ones such as strawberry, citrus etc, but I guess you can't fault for originality. I fully intended to buy the mint flavour, but after smelling all three, I couldn't help but fall in love with the bubblegum one. It's smells and looks like strawberry slushy which reminded me of summer. I've only used it a couple of times, since I only bought it yesterday, but it tastes as good as it smells. I'm well aware I shouldn't be eating it, but as the main ingredient is caster sugar, you can't help but lick some off. This cost £5.50.

The next thing I bought was the Angels On Bare Skin facial cleanser. I came across this on the website too and thought it looked gorgeous- I absolutely love lavender and the ground almonds made it look like something you'd have for breakfast! A sales assistant at Lush talked me through the benefits of some of the cleansers and tested both this one and Herbalism on my hands. I told her that my main concern at the moment is redness and small dry patches I'm getting on my cheeks and between my eyebrows. Angels On Bare Skin is supposed to 'even out skin tone and give a natural glow' whereas Herbalism was more for balancing skin and preventing oily skin. I was torn between them both before she tested them on me, but the Angels On Bare Skin cleanser felt a lot more exfoliating and left a stronger smell which I liked, therefore I went with this one.
The price for this cleanser was £6.35 for 100 grams which I think would last at least a month, maybe even more.


The final thing I bought was Toothy Tabs in the flavour Dirty. I also discovered these on the site before I went in and as they only cost £2, I decided to give them a go. I love trying anything to do with teeth, buying new brands of toothpastes every time the old one runs out. I don't think I've ever purchased the same one twice, or at least straight after each other. I've used these tabs once already and I must say, I'm not really a fan. However, I will keep at them for at least a week and maybe my mind will change. To use these, you take a tab and nibble it between your front teeth until it starts foaming, then you brush as normal. I chose the flavour 'dirty' as it's spearmint and a flavour I'm used to, but it still tastes a bit weird. I will maybe review it in a couple of weeks, to give my overall verdict. You get 40 tabs which would last 20 days (if you brush your teeth day and night like you're supposed to.)





The last thing I received was a sample of Eau Roma Water Toner. I don't really use toners and told the lady this, but she was kind enough to put together a sample for me to see if I change my mind. This smells like Lavender too which I love so maybe I'll purchase this on my next visit.

Overall, I'm pleased with my purchases. I love that Lush is all natural products and that they are very vocal with the fact they are against animal testing. I also love the little touch of the sticker which tells me exactly who made the product. I think next time I would like to try a face mask, a foundation, lip tint and a shampoo bar but for now, these will last me :)

Have you bought anything from Lush before?

1 comment:

  1. I love a good Lush haul! I got my bestie that Bubblegum Lip Scrub for her birthday and I got the Mint Tulips Lip Scrub for myself. They smell too good!

    www.thefashion-six.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete