Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 8 March 2014

So Sue Me - Secrets to Blogging, Fashion and Beauty book review

As it's international woman's day, I've been thinking about who has inspired me over the past year and one of these women is Suzanne Jackson.

If you have never heard of Suzanne Jackson before, she is an Irish beauty blogger and I have been reading her blog (which you can find at sosueme.ie) for around 18 months now. I can't remember how I discovered her but I've got a feeling it was to do with the picture of the wedding dress she posted that went viral. I was in the beginning stages of planning my wedding at the time so I was instantly drawn to it.


Last year she released a book called Secrets to Blogging, Fashion and Beauty and I was lucky enough to receive it for Christmas from my boyfriend. I never asked for this (although I hinted badly) as I would have to order it from Ireland and the postage was quite expensive, but I'm so glad he got me it! He knows how obsessed I am with this blog; every time I buy something beauty related, he says 'does Penny wear that?' (He calls Sue 'Penny' because I watched her Penney's haul when he was in the same room as me. He also says it in a really poor attempt at an Irish accent too ;) And for people who don't know, Penney's is the Irish version of Primark.) 

The answer most of the time is yes; I've been introduced to so many new brands and makeup since I've started following SoSueMe. Before, I'd never even heard of the Urban Decay Naked Palettes (I know,so bad!) I didn't know what contouring was, I didn't even know highlighters existed. Since then, I bought my first Naked Palette (which I adore), and I own so much makeup that she has reviewed, whether it's a favourite of hers- such as the No7 Love Red lipstick, Maybelline Fit Me foundation, Balmi, L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara, Sleek Contour Palette, NYC Liquid eyeliner etc - to the products she's talked about only a couple of times such as the Bourjois Happy Light serum primer.

She signed it :)

I find this book so helpful as  it gives tips on everything from washing your makeup brushes to buying a new outfit. I also love at the beginning of the book, she has a chapter on her life, her jobs and how she got into blogging. Since I've been following her, I've witnessed so many great things she has got to experience and achieve through blogging - meeting Marc Jacob's, creating her own range of eyelashes, creating a limited edition set of makeup brushes, products selling out in Ireland days after she reviews them... The list goes on! Sue is part of the reason I started my own beauty blog.

Of course I could go on forever about why I like her blog and her book so much, but I'm not going to. I think you should find out for yourselves and experience the SoSueMe effect firsthand!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone new to the blogging world like myself would love to own that book and check it out. Never heard of her before and never seen someone writing a book about that subject before so it does sound really interesting. I will definitely check her out and the book too. Loved your reviews and stories.

    http://www.breathefashion-world.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete