Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 25 March 2014

Superdrug Mini Haul

I don't know what it is, but I always feel a tad guilty purchasing makeup from Boots and Superdrug when they don't have their beloved 3for2 offer on. I just feel like kicking myself each time I buy over two items because I know if I waited until these offers were on, I'd save so much money. But maybe that's just me.

As I mentioned on my last post, I went to Hull on Saturday with my friend to attend the Hull Blogger Meet. I'm in Hull at least three times a week anyway for Uni, but I'm usually on my own and don't really head into Princes Quay which in my opinion is a better Superdrug than the one in St Stephens because it stocks Sleek and other brands. But as I was in there, I decided to treat myself to a few bits, as all the previous beauty talk made me crave new things.

The products I bought weren't expensive. Three were from the MUA range and 1 was from Look, but all of them I'd had my eye on few a couple of months.

The first thing I picked up was a Look Mini Makeover Palette. I think Look is a brand not really talked about in the blogging community, but I'm not sure why because they have gorgeous blush palettes and they're not exactly expensive. The Mini Makeover Palette was on offer £3 for instead of £6 which I was delighted at. I was going to buy it a few weeks ago when it was on offer for £4 but they didn't have the one I wanted. At least by waiting, I saved a quid. The palettes are adorable and I think such good value for money. You get 8 eyeshadow shades, 4 lip colours and 1 blush. I haven't used the eyeshadows yet, but the blush is so pigmented I actually had to blend it out quite a bit. Next time I'l remember not to be so heavy handed! The lip products are also good. The one thing I like about this product is that there are four different palettes to choose from, all based one different eye colours, apart from the 'Rock Chick' one. I chose the shade 'Baby Blue Eyes.' I think, if I decide I like the eyshadows, I will probably purchase the other eye colours. This is great for something to simply pop into your handbag.



The next thing I picked up is the MUA Undress Your Skin Highlighting Powder. I've wanted this since hearing someone on a youtube video describe it as Benefit's High Beam in powder form (I forget the youtuber, sorry.) I'm trying so hard to get into highlighters as everyone swears by them, but up to now, I haven't found one I love, so hopefully this will change that. This cost £3.


The next thing I picked up was this MUA Trio eyeshadow palette in shade Chocolate Box. This cost £3 I was instantly drawn to this because of the colours. They're pinky shades and so shimmery and gorgeous. I know the Naked 3 palette from Urban Decay has pinky shades too, so I thought that until I can afford that, I'll stick with this. Unfortunately this isn't as pigmented as I'd like it to be, which is probably expected at £3. I find that tapping the product on rather than stroking it on works better. I also find that two of the shades are actually very similar. However, when I have it on, it looks so pretty with a nude lip.


The last thing I bought was an MUA Pearl eyeshadow that only cost £1! This is a gorgeous dark purple almost metallic shade, and I can't wait to use it. I've heard that these work best if the brush is a little wet, so I'll be sure to try that technique. The shade I bought it in is shade 24


Overall, my products came to £9.50, so something was on offer I wasn't aware of, but I've lost the receipt so I'm not sure. I'm happy with all of the products and they will keep me going until Superdrug announce another 3for2 offer. Have you tried any of these products before?

No comments:

Post a Comment