Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 18 April 2014

Benefit's High Beam VS Technic's High Lights

A few months ago, I was browsing my local Body Care when I came across High Lights by Technic. It looked exactly the same as the Benefit's High Beam I had back at home, and for £1.99, I couldn't resist leaving the shop without buying it. Please bare in mind, the High Beam I own is only a mini, the High Lights isn't a giant bottle.


Like High Beam, High Lights is a liquid highlighter applied with a brush. As you can see from the photos, the packaging is very similar. So is the actual product similar?

First of all, the brush in the Technic bottle isn't as good as the Benefit one. Considering there is a £17.50 difference, this is to be expected. I found the brush clumpy and hard to apply to the product with.


When swatching the products, you can see they look very similar. I'd say they're the same texture and consistency. I then went on to blend the product into my wrist. High Beam blended in a lot quicker than High Lights and you can see there is still a lot of product on my wrist, whilst High Beam has completely melted into the skin.
Left - High Lights. Right - High Beam


On the skin High Beam leaves a nice shimmer and doesn't really alter the colour of the skin, whereas I found High Lights has a white tint to it.


Of course, High Beam is going to be the better product and the cost reflects this, but I do think High Lights is a suitable dupe. For someone who doesn't want to splurge that much on a highlighter, I think with a lot of blending, you can get the same results from High Lights.

2 comments:

  1. This does look like a good dupe and for the price difference, you can't really complain! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, but you can't beat the luxury of Benefit :) x

      Delete