Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 22 April 2014

Bristol Haul 2 - Lush, Urban Decay, and more...

If you read my last post, you'll see I've recently returned from a trip to Bristol, and whilst I was there, I splurged, buying all the products not readily available in Grimsby. I was quite surprised with myself as everything I bought, I had pre-planned to buy. Nothing popped into my basket as a spur of the moment decision.

My first purchases were made in Lush. I've almost finished the Angels on Bare Skin cleanser bought in this haul and decided to try the other one recommended to me- Herbalism. The woman in Lush was very passionate about this product and it's supposed to be good for oily skin. As the weather has begun to change, I've noticed my skin getting slightly more oily so it will be interesting to see if this works. The ingredients are rosemary and vinegar so not the nicest smelling thing around.


The next thing I bought in Lush was a bath bomb for my 8 month old niece. I bought 'Ickle Baby Bot' and I've never used a bath bomb from Lush before so I'm excited to see how good it is. The bomb is supposed to help her sleep at night, which she doesn't really have a problem with anyway, but I'm sure she will enjoy the bubbles. We just have to make sure she doesn't eat them!



The next things I bought were these Sleek palettes from Boots. Nowhere in Grimsby sells Sleek and in Hull, only Superdrug does, but as Boots have a 3 for 2 offer on at the moment, I decided to take advantage. The one I desperately wanted was the Ultra Mattes Brights palette (I think it's also known as the acid palette but I could be wrong?) as I've seen so many youtubers rave about it. It does look a little scary but I think I'm going to have a lot of fun experimenting with them.




The next one I picked up was the Garden of Eden palette as I've recently read a lot of reviews about this. The colors are along the green spectrum, which I don't really own, so again, I'll have a lot of fun experimenting with this one.

The last palette I picked up was the Vintage Romance one. I love the names of the shades in this palette such as 'Pretty in Paris.' I used this palette already and I love it.

In Savers, I spotted the Garnier Micellar water for £2.99. I'm currently using the B. Pure one from Superdrug but I've heard so many good reviews about this, I had to try it.

In Superdrug, I picked up a Tanya Burr lipgloss in the shade 'Vampire Kiss.' I actually only paid £2 for this, as the day before my dad bought my mum £50 of face cream, and with the '10 points with every pound you spend' offer on, I got lucky. I tried this gloss already and I love it, I'll definitely buy a few more when I'm next in Bristol.

I found out a couple of weeks ago that Harvey Nicholls has started to stock EOS balms, so I headed there to buy one. I got a green one which I think is Honeysuckle and it tastes amazing. I was already a fan of Balmi which are similar, but the packaging started to peel away. Hopefully these are made of tougher stuff.


The last thing I bought was an Urban Decay eye primer. I got the smaller one as the lady kindly explained that it was £16 for 11ml or £8 for 6ml. Buying 2 small ones works out a better deal as you get more product. I decided to just get one to see if I like it. This was reccommeded to me by Rea and I already love it.

I also bought Cosmopolitan for something to read over the weekend.

So there's my big Bristol haul, and I won't be spending like that again for a while.

1 comment:

  1. The exact same thing happened to my Balmi! Maybe I should give eos a try too, hopefully the packaging is a bit better :) xx

    lillies and lipbalm

    ReplyDelete