Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 20 April 2014

Bristol haul Part 1 - Primark




I've just this minute got back from visiting my family in Bristol and can't wait to share the amazing things I bought with you all (mostly so I won't feel guilty about opening and using the products without taking photos and blogging about them first.) I've decided to split my haul into 2 posts, as when I lay it all out on my bed, it was quite a lot of stuff and I don't want to go on forever in one blog post.

If you follow my blog, you'll know I've been quite excited to visit the Primark in Bristol as it's about 4 times the size of my local Grimsby one. I decided to give myself a budget of about £50, but to be honest, when I was shoving stuff into my basket, I wasn't keeping track and I was just lucky everything came in at about £46. There were a couple things I knew I wanted, but I was just desperate to get my hands on some PS Love goodies, and if you read on, you can see I definitely did that.

When I entered the shop, the first thing that caught my eye was a Breakfast Club T Shirt. The Breakfast Club is my favourite film of all time, and I already have a shirt, but this one was white and had a different photo on, so completely justifiable that I needed it. Unfortunately they only had size 6 and 8 left (sad times :( ) so I didn't manage to get it. As I was walking away, I heard my dad shout me. In his hand was a Lion King T Shirt, another favourite film of mine (fun fact- when I was about 2, I wanted a Lion King bedroom so my dad used Xmas Lion King wrapping paper over normal wallpaper to give me the room of my dreams. Best. Dad. Ever.) The shirt was in the same style as the other one and only £6 so I decided to buy it. I think I will wear this over black skinnies or leggings. I'm also aware the top needs a good iron before I wear it.

The second clothing item I purchased was this watermelon skirt. I've always been a fan of these types of skirts, often seeing them on vintage reproduction sites such as Tara Starlet or Collectif, but I can never justify the price of buying one. The cheaper alternatives all seems to have skulls or other rockabilly features, and as much as I love that style, I just wanted a nice and cheerful skirt. I almost put this back, but a voice in my head said I will regret it, so into my basket it went.


The frilly socks were also spur of the moment. They sell them at my local Primark and I could have bought the whole rail, but I decided to stick to one pair as I've bought frilly socks before but don't tend to wear them. These cost £1.50.

I only bought two things from the accessories section. These earrings were too cute to leave behind and remind me a lot of the style of wedding ring I want. £2 for 9 different pairs of ear rings is brilliant. The next thing were these sun glasses. I love how retro looking they are and they'll probably break and scratch easily as they were only £3, but they come with their own case.


Now onto the beauty stuff! If you remember the PS Love nails review I did a few weeks back, you'll remember I said that I wanted to buy some more as I liked them that much. Well, I bought six different sets. I love the quirky ones like the cupcakes and the owls, but I also love the pastel colors. I think I'm going to wear the rabbit ones to embrace Easter first.


I picked up this brush set as I thought the design on them was adorable. Also 4 brushes for £3 is amazing. I haven't used these yet, but the quality feels good. I think I prefer the eye brushes as they're quite stiff so can be used for cream eye shadow or concealer. Even lining the eyes. The blush brush is quite soft and I'm not sure if that's a good thing as my Eco Tools one has a bit more bounce to it. But there's no harm in trying it  out. After I purchased these, my parents asked again why I needed more makeup brushes. Sigh. They just don't understand.

I actually put back a mini manicure set as  I knew I wouldn't use it, but I was so glad when I found this. I used to have a cuticle pusher with a cuticle 'nipper' at the end (I don't know what their correct name is) but now I can only seem to find them in TK Maxx costing about £7. This cost £1.


I picked up some of their makeup, wanting to test it out. The first thing I grabbed was this lip gloss. I don't know why as I'm not a big fan of glosses but it cost £1.50 and the colour is gorgeous. An almost orange red. I've used it once and not sure if I like it yet, but I'll post a review once I've come to a conclusion.

The next thing I picked up was a kohl eyeliner. It's in a black case, like a lipstick and you twist it up to use it. The shapes like a kajal eyeliner which I've never owned before so it will be interesting to see if I like this. I've not used it yet, so can't comment on first impressions but I already love the packaging. This cost £1.50.

The next item kind of fell into my basket and I didn't put it back. It's a brow pencil. I'm quite happy with my HD Brow palette but I'm all for experimenting and trying something new, and for £1, I couldn't really go wrong.

The next thing was a felt eye liner pen. I love these types of eyeliner but find they dry out so quick as I apply them on top of eye shadow. If I fall in love with this one, I'll be very happy as it only cost £1.50 instead of the usual £8 I spend on these types of eyeliner.


The last thing I bought was this eyeshadow palette. I went a little crazy over the weekend with palettes, but I loved the colours in this and for £2.50, I couldn't resist. First of all; how great does the packaging look? It reminds me a lot of Sleek; black, sturdy and clean. When opened, there's a mirror which is always a bonus, and you are presented with 8 different shades that create a night time look. I haven't used this yet, but I've rubbed the product with my finger and it's very pigmented. I'm already very impressed. There was also a day palette but I wasn't as impressed with the colors in that one, so I left it.



So there's my Primark Haul. I hoped you enjoyed reading. Keeping checking back for the second part of my haul, featuring Sleek, Lush, Tanya Burr, Urban Decay and more...

No comments:

Post a Comment