Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 30 May 2014

100 Books to Read Before You Die!

I'm a huge reader, in fact, I love books that much, my entire degree was based on that passion. But sometimes I really struggle to decide what to read next, which led me to google '100 books to read before you die.'

I love setting myself personal challenges and this is one of them. After skimming through a few lists, I chose one which had the most books which I thought I would find interesting. I actually printed the list off and stuck it to my wardrobe door so I can highlight which ones I've read. When I started, I had only read 15, but now I'm on 36. 21 books in a year doesn't seem that many but add that to the average 2 books a week for my English modules, and you'll see why it's that low.

Now I've completed my degree and can read for pleasure all I like, I'm hoping to get through at least one book a week. I may write mini reviews as well. The challenge for this week is Emma by Jane Austen. I'm actually not a fan of Austen but I recently saw Clueless for the first time so wanted to read the book it was based on.

Let me know if you've ever done anything similar or how many books you've read on the list. Here's the ones I've read up to now if you were wandering.

The List


 Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
 The Lord of the Rings - JRR Tolkien
 Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
 Harry Potter series - JK Rowling
 To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
 The Bible (This one is probably cheating, but I've read so many different parts of the bible throughout my entire education that I can't put myself through reading it again. Besides, I have read bits of the bible, just not all of it.)
 Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte
 Nineteen Eighty Four - George Orwell
 Great Expectations - Charles Dickens
Little Women - Louisa M Alcott
Catcher in the Rye - JD Salinger
Gone With The Wind - Margaret Mitchell
The Great Gatsby - F Scott Fitzgerald
Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck
Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll
 The Wind in the Willows - Kenneth Grahame
Captain Corelli’s Mandolin - Louis De Bernieres
Animal Farm - George Orwell 
The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown
The Handmaid’s Tale - Margaret Atwood
Lord of the Flies - William Golding
 Atonement - Ian McEwan
 Life of Pi - Yann Martel
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - Mark Haddon
Of Mice and Men - John Steinbeck
 Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
Bridget Jones’s Diary - Helen Fielding
The Secret Garden - Frances Hodgson Burnett
A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens
The Color Purple - Alice Walker
Charlotte’s Web - EB White
The Five People You Meet In Heaven - Mitch Albom
Heart of Darkness - Joseph Conrad
The Wasp Factory - Iain Banks
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - Roald Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment