Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Bourjois- Evening in Paris

Yesterday I handed in my final ever essay which means I can finally get back to my old blogging routine. I'm hoping to post a lot more now; I already have about ten posts written out, I just need photos to go with them.

As I've officially completed my degree, I decided to go out and treat myself. I bought a couple of lipsticks from Topshop and was planning to raid Superdrug when I found this little beauty in TK Maxx.

This cost £14.99 reduced from the RRP of £32. You get 5 different products, so each one came to £3 each. I love these little sets but only ever seen them on the Inflight brochures on planes. I got myself a 60's one last year which again had 5 different products, except it was around £25.

First, can we just talk about the packaging for this set? I absolutely love it and was drawn to it straight away. I'm planning on keeping it out on show and maybe sticking something like receipts in it.

The main reason I bought this kit was for the little pot of blush. I think these are so cute and dinky but I'm so indecisive when it comes to choosing blush shades. This way the decision was taken away from me and I'm so lucky that the blush suits my skin tone. I got the shade 'Ashes of Roses' which is a really pigmented, matte pink shade, quite different from the usual shimmery blushes I wear. You get a little brush with the blusher but it's completely useless but I liked the touch. I think these blushes are about £8 in the shops usually.


Next was this Rouge Edition Lipstick in the shade  15. I've never tried a Bourjois Lipstick before and I think this shade of red is gorgeous- perfect for both night and day. I only tried it on and then wiped it straight off but I liked the formula, it didn't cling to dry bits on my lips like some lipsticks do. I'm not sure on the price or longevity as I haven't really been interested in their lipsticks before, but you can never have enough lipsticks.



I got the Volume Glamour Max Mascara, which I've not opened or use yet as I have about 8 mascaras on the go at the minute. I got a mascara with my other set and I think it's okay but I probably wouldn't repurchase. I wonder how I will get on with this Bourjois mascara.

I also got the Smokey Eyes Trio in Gris Dandy. My sister commented on how much they look like the MUA baked eyeshadows and I agree with her. I normally wouldn't ever go for colours like this as I think they're a bit boring but that shows how much I know because I experimented with them and now I think they're a firm favourite in my makeup bag. The colours look so nice together and are suitable again for both day and night.


Lastly was this little nail polish. I'm not sure on the shade but it went on nice, with only 2 coats needed. It has yet to trip and considering I've had it on nearly a day, is brilliant for me. This had a pretty little illustration on the plastic packaging. But I was too impatient and peeled it off to use it before I took photos.

So there you have it. I wish Bourjois did more sets like this that are readily available in shops like Boots and Superdrug because I think they're great. Although I probably wouldn't pay the RRP for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment