Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Fragrance Direct Competition - Natural Day Time Makeup Tutorial

I found out a few days ago that Fragrance Direct are hosted a competition in conjunction with The Sunday Girl to become the new face of Fragrance Direct. I'm a big fan of Fragrance Direct and have posted two hauls previously on my blog, so I decided to have a go.

The rules are to create a tutorial about one of your favourite beauty looks. I decided to go for my normal everyday makeup look, which is kind of like a natural smokey eye. I think this look is perfect for everything, from popping to the library to going for a nice meal. If you want to glam it up, all you have to do is add a bold lip.

First of all, I apply my Soap and Glory Feel Good Factor BB cream. I do this everyday whether I'm wearing makeup or not. It moisturizes, primes and provides an SPF for my skin, which is important especially this time of year.




After I've rubbed that in, I apply my foundation. I really like Maybelline's Fit Me foundation and I'm shade 115. I find it's amazing if you want dewy, glowy skin, and doesn't everyone? I use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush to blend it in.



Next is my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer. I apply this under my eyes, on my blemishes, and around my nose to conceal redness. I use my Real Techniques Foundation brush to blend this in.



I use my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder to set my face, and get rid of any unwanted shininess. The brush I use is No7 Powder brush.



I use my Sleek Face Form kit in 'light.' I really like the blush. I pat this onto my face rather than brush it on as I feel I have more control over how much product I use. I don't want to go overboard on the highlighter so I only apply a little to each cheek. I use my Eco Tools Blush brush.


Now my face is done, I can move onto my eyes. I always fill my brows in first. I use my HD Brow kit in the shade 'Foxy.' This is a little on the expensive side but I love it. I use a mixture of the light and dark brown shades to fill my brows in and make them look natural. I use an angled brush from Eco Tools, as you can see my highlighter smashed and makes my HD brush very dirty.

Before I do anything to my eye makeup, I make sure my eyes are primed. I really like my E.L.F eye primer. It just makes sure my makeup stays in place and doesn't melt away after an hour.


Everyone loves a nude eye, and one of my favourite palettes is Urban Decay's Naked Basics. First I use the shade 'Venus' all over my lid and upto my brow bone.



Then I use the shade 'Naked 2' all over the lid.


Lastly, using my Eco Tools smokey eye brush, I use the shade 'Faint' in the outer corner of my eye and smoked lightly underneath.



I never used to use eyelash curlers, but since getting these Eyeko ones free in a magazine, I never apply mascara without them.


I've been enjoying my Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex mascara, it even rivaling my love for more high end mascaras I own.


Macara applied to the left eye

To finish my look, I apply my Balmi Lip Balm, but like I said earlier, you could easily add a bold lipstick to transform this look into a more sophisticated one.



I hope you enjoyed this post, and if you want to enter, you have until Thursday the 19th to do so.

This competition is open to all bloggers, for T&Cs go to http://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/page/competition'

No comments:

Post a Comment