Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 29 June 2014

Lincs Blog Meet 21/06/14

First of all, I want to say that I am a rubbish blogger, I really am. Throughout the whole day, I took one photo. Yes. ONE. Luckily though, it seemed a lot of other bloggers were far better than me and had their cameras out the whole day, so if you like looking at photos, I suggest checking the other bloggers out.

So yesterday was the day of the highly anticipated Lincs Blog Meet organised by Amy (www.cocktailsinteacups.com) and Bel (www.journeysaremydiary.com). I only found out about it about 4 weeks before the actual event, thanks to Kate inviting me. After lots of tweets and emails, it was decided that Kate would drive and pick me and two other bloggers up. I've already said it on twitter, but thanks again Kate for getting us there :)

The meet was due to start at half 10, but thanks to traffic and an indecisive sat nav, we were about half an hour late. By the time we had parked and found Primark, the others had already disappeared on the treasure hunt Amy and Bel had set for us. We had to find various shops or landmarks, take a photo and upload to twitter with the hashtag #lincsblogmeet. We managed just three before heading over to Ask Italian for Lunch.

I had the Pollo Piccante Con Pancetta pizza, which was the only photo I took. Are you ready for it? Here it is.


Whilst we were eating we had talks from two lovely ladies, one from Weleda, and one from Boots. The lady at Boots also gave us a huge bag of samples that never seemed to end!

Throughout the afternoon there was also a raffle with 10 prizes. I was lucky enough to win some Paperself eye lashes which are so pretty I don't know if I'd actually wear them as I'm scared they'll break.

Another exciting aspect of the day was the beauty swap. We were encouraged to bring things we didn't use or want to swap for other products. I didn't actually bring anything myself as I don't subscribe to beauty boxes, and I'm that tight, I only buy something if I'm 100% sure I want it and I'm going to use it. However at the end, there were still loads of products left that nobody wanted, so rather than the hosts take them home with them, they suggested the rest of us take a look and see if we can offer anything a good home. I spotted a lot of Weleda baby sample, and I have a ten months old niece, so I took them home with me.

Before we left, Amy and Bel handed out the goody bags. They had done an amazing job getting so many different brands on board, such as Benefit, Lush, Batiste, Lipcote etc. I'm excited to try everything in the goody bags but the things I'm most looking forward to trying is the Lush cleanser Aqua Marina.
Nivea's Body Conditioners.

And this Weleda Body oil which smells divine.

Once we finished and paid the bill, we headed off to Lush. I only bought one thing, due to us receiving some stuff in our goody bags. I decided to try the bubble bar in Brightside as it smelt gorgeous.


We headed home soon after because we were all shattered. I had such a good time and look forward to attending more meets in the future. Once again, thanks Amy and Bel for organising it.

No comments:

Post a Comment