Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 7 June 2014

Preparing for the Ball!


If you follow me on twitter, you'd know that I've mention my End of Year Ball a few times. I've actually finished university for good now, but this is the first ball I've actually decided to go to. I just thought I'd regret it if I didn't go to at least one.

I've already done the most important thing which is getting my dress and shoes. I wasn't sure whether I was going to wear a dress that I already own or buy a new one. I was looking at vintage inspired dresses from a lady who I've bought from before, but the dress I wanted was £44 and needed a £22 petticoat to look right. Not to mention the shoes! Over £70 for one night? No thanks.

I had lost hope by then and was mentally going through my wardrobe to find something suitable when I got a text from House of Fraser informing me of upto 40% over the weekend. Luckily, I found a gorgeous dress for just over £30. I also bought some nude heels from New Look for £13 with student discount (oh, how I shall miss you student discount.)

I'm not posting photos yet but I will say my dress is very Jessica Rabbit like and requires Primark's best tummy control knickers.

Onto the beauty prep!
.
I've bought some fake eyelashes and already practised with them so hopefully they'll stay on all night.

Last night I used my Percy & Reed hair mask which I got in a magazine ages ago. It's worth £20 so I just use it for special occasions. Whilst the mask was on, I also used Soap and Glory's No Clogs Allowed mask. I used to use this once a week but it went missing when my dad decorated the bathroom. Now I've discovered it again, it's time to bring it back into my weekly routine.

Once I did the masks, I took a long bubble bath, shaving my legs and washing my hair. I don't want to wash my hair today as I want to put my hair in an updo and they work best on day old hair.

I stuck hair mousse in my hair and leave it to dry naturally as it gets less frizzy like this and also some of this volumizing spray which I'm not sure even works, but hey, let's sling it on anyway.

I've painted my nails a dark red; I used 'Naughty' from Orly which I also got in a magazine. My dress is white/gold, but I want to rock  a bold red lip so I want my nails to match.

I've decided what makeup I want to wear on tonight to create the dewy, glowy skin look, with bold lip and nude eyes. I will post a seperate blog post talking about my makeup choices.

That's all the prep I can do until I actually reach the hotel and put my makeup on. I hope you enjoyed reading this post. I'm so looking forward to Saturday night and hopefully bumping into some of the #hullbloggermeet bloggers :) How to you prepare for a special occasion?

No comments:

Post a Comment