Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Benefit Agent Zero Shine Review

A while ago I posted a wish list with some high end products I was lusting after. One of these was Benefit's Agent Zero Shine. When my student loan came in a couple of months ago, I decided to treat myself to it.

To be honest, I'm a little disappointed with this product. It cost £23.50 and I just don't think it's worth the money. I'll start with the stuff I do like.

When I read other reviews, a lot of people say they don't like the packaging, but I personally think it's perfect for just popping into my handbag. I'm a bit heavy handed with my bag and a lot of things get broken, most of these including makeup. Either the packaging cracks or the pressed powder smashes and gets every where. With Agent Zero Shine, I have no worries about that happening and the worse that could happen is I leave the lid off.

I thing I dislike the most about this product is the brush. I like to apply my powder with a big fluffy brush, so when I try and switch to this Benefit one, the stiffness of the bristles just doesn't do it for me. It takes me so long to apply powder all over my face, that I just use another powder and save my Agent Zero Shine for touch ups.

As for the actual powder, I don't notice any dramatic difference from my trusted Rimmel Stay Matte. But like I said, I mostly use it for touch ups and not to set my makeup. The powder is translucent so you don't have to worry about finding the right shade.

Overall, I think this product is perfect for nights out and popping in your handbag, but I wouldn't use it in my daily makeup routine. I'm usually a fan of Benefit's products, but sadly this one just didn't hit the spot.

Have you tried Agent Zero Shine before?

6 comments:

  1. I really can't get along with this stuff, i find it too harsh. Sounds daft but it's just taken against me for some reason. How dare it not work for you, this annoys me greatly xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think it's okay for popping in your hand bag but not good for general makeup application xx

      Delete
  2. Oh what a pain! It is always lame when you spend so much and it's disappointing. I do like all of benefits minis so I can try before I invest but I haven't seen a mini of this one! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Benefit minis for the same reason! xx

      Delete
  3. I was really looking forward to trying this and then when I did, I was also a little disappointed, I don't think it does that much. Will be lovely to meet you at the Northern Blogger Meet :)

    Kathryn xxx www.thekatspaws.com

    ReplyDelete