Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 4 July 2014

Guest Post// Fishtail Braid Tutorial


Summer is coming and it is always nice to try doing different things with your hair, I am starting with the fishtail braid.

This does work best on long hair, I have medium length hair and I can do it on mine it just is a lot harder to get it how I like. I will find something for you short to medium length haired people, but for now long hair it is.

To start the braid pull all your hair to one side.
You want to secure this with at least two hair grips.
When I put hair grips in I try and hide them by other pieces of hair.
Next you need to split the hair into two sections.
Once you have done this, taking pieces from the outside and bringing them into the middle to the opposite section.

Again pulling the outside across to the middle every time.
Continue doing this all the way down to the end,

Once all braided tie the end of with a clear elastic.
When you have tied the braid we can star pulling it to make it wider. 
As you can see it is really skinny when you are finished this is why you pull it to make it wider and give it that messier look, you don't have to do this part it is optional. 

Keep pulling at the braid until you have the desired look, after these we have to sort all the fallout hair from the back of the head.
I hair gripped all lose hair down making it secure so no more would fallout throughout the day and hid this grips after this also.
I wanted this look to be more summery so I put a flower at the back, before you put any flowers or anything else into your hair just be sure to put a light coating of hair spray on this will prevent any fly away hairs and help keep you hair in place.
I did also pin the fringe back on this but again this is optional depends how you like it as i know on myself i would pull my fringe down as it compliments my face more.

Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading,
Love
@YouOverDidItDol


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this tutorial, you make it look much more simple than other tutorials I've seen, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete