Follow on Bloglovin

Friday 18 July 2014

I'm back! :)

You probably never noticed I left, but I just thought I'd write a quick blog post to inform you that I'm back from my holidays :) I did plan to have 6 posts schedule when I was away, however, being the dafty that I am, I didn't realise you had to press publish for them to go live when you want them to. Nevermind, at least I have some posts already written.

A lot has happened over the last few weeks, the major thing being that I got my results back and I can finally say that I have a 2.1 joint honours degree in English Lit and Creative Writing. I've been writing a post about my university experience for a few weeks now, but don't want to publish it until it's perfect (writer problems hehe) but after three years of stress, tears and phone calls to student finance, I can honestly say I'm so proud of myself for my achievement. Not to mention the fact that I got a first in my creative writing prose portfolio (which was my version of the dissertation.) It makes me think that I'm actually a good writer and I'm capable of writing a fiction book one day which people will want to read.

I chose my wedding ring a couple of weeks ago (as you'd know if you followed me on instagram). It's crazy to believe that in one week, it will be officially one year til I'm walking down the aisle. The fact we haven't settled our guestlist, chose a photographer, or even decided what last name we're taking makes my head hurt, but I know I'm going to have to buckle down and get things organised.

The two weeks off meant I had a lot of time to think about my blog and where I want it to go. I've even considered creating a blogging schedule (something that horrifies me), as at the moment, I seem to post as and when I like. I've decided to post a series every Friday, called 'Five Friday' where I write lists or reasons, linking to various topics like '5 Reasons to Start a Blog' and '5 Beauty Rules I ignore.' Hopefully, I'll stick to this, as it's only one day a week and it will be something consistent on my blog. I've always failed when I've tried to do stuff like this previously; I just about manage to churn out a favourites post once a month.

I want to do more wedding related posts, as my last one went down a treat. I've jotted some notes down and I'm looking forward to writing them up. I also want to write some book reviews. I read 8 books over my 2 week break, and it was nice to remember what it felt like to read for pleasure.

Sorry for the very rambly post. I leave you with a photo of every cat I made friends with in Bulgaria.




No comments:

Post a Comment