Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 20 July 2014

My Top 10 Travel Essentials

It's holiday season and with this comes the dreaded packing part of a holiday. I go on holiday every year and because of this, my list of essentials have been refined to these ten. They're all beauty related, because, let's face it, you don't need me to tell you to bring travel adapters and mosquito spray.

1) Plasters- Not that exciting I know, but these are first in my bag when I travel anywhere. In the heat your feet swell and they get a bit sweaty and things rub against other things and you end up with massive blisters. Better to be safe than sorry.

2) SPF 50 - I always like to take a small bottle of SPF 50 to pop into my bag, no matter what factor I'm actually wearing. I never usually go lower than 30, but sometimes, I start to feel my face or feet burning. The worst look ever is a bright red, peeling nose. I don't take a full bottle, but a travel size you can get for about £3. Or you can even buy a little travel bottle from Primark etc, and put a little bit in there from a bigger bottle.

3) Blotting Papers - This will actually be my first year taking these away as I've only recently found out they existed. I bought mine from Boux Avenue for £1.50, so they are very cheap. I just think when you're in a hot country and you're getting a bit hot and oily, the last thing you want is to apply a lot of powder. These blotting papers mop up the excess oil. Plus, they're nice and small to fit into your handbag.


4) BB Cream - I know a lot of people aren't keen on wearing foundation in hotter countries, so my alternative to that is a good BB cream. I like the Maybelline Dream Pure BB cream as it still has some colour to cover any blemishes, but isn't as heavy.

5) Cheap Summer Fragrance- I put the word 'cheap' there as I honestly don't see the point in taking an expensive perfume abroad with you. I love my Marc Jacob's Daisy but it cost £50, plus it's really heavy. There's not only risk of it smashing, but also being stolen, going over your luggage allowance etc... I've found Next do some great perfumes; there's a massive variety and they are long lasting. Plus they aren't very expensive. I recently bought Milan and Define, two very different smells. I get 30 ml for just £8. Not only are they perfect travel sizes, I won't be too distraught if they go missing or break.

6) Lip Protection Lip Balm - I know most girls take lip balms away on holiday anyway, so this is really more aimed at the men who you may be travelling with. The first holiday me and my boyfriend went on, he got really bad sunburn on his lips and it kind of ruined the holiday for us. So the next year I made him buy his own lip balm, as he wouldn't be too happy applying my Maybelline Baby Lips in front of everyone haha.


7) Detangling Brush - We all know what chlorine does to our hair and it isn't very nice. I like to brush through my hair everytime I use the pool, but usually end up ripping half my hair out. This year I'm taking my Tangle Teezer; it's small enough to pop into my bag and it does the job of getting the knots out my hair gently.


8) Baby Wipes- No, I don't have a baby, but I've always took baby wipes on holiday with me for as long as I can remember. Not only are they great for taking makeup off when you're very drunk (we're going all inclusive so there's a good chance of that), they're really useful to just wipe your hands before eating, cleaning up excess sun cream... The list goes on.

9) Antibacterial wipes/gel - Linking onto my last point, although baby wipes are good for quickly cleaning your hands before a ice cream etc, I also take some antibacterial gel and wipes to make sure they're truly clean. I actually prefer the wipes, as I don't like using gel. It makes me think that my hands aren't clean (although they're probably cleaner than washing them in a bathroom.) I've always liked a wet texture, so I bough the wipes too. No one wants to come down with a bug on holiday so these are very important.

10) Nail Polish Remover - A holiday is probably the only time when I make sure my nails are done everyday. Plus, it's the only times when my toes are constantly out. I think nail polish remover is essential to neaten up nails when painting them, but also to change the colour. Having just one colour for two weeks is boring.

So there's my travel essentials list :) What do you make sure you always pack when going on holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment