Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 18 August 2014

Latest In Beauty Glamour Beauty Edit Review

Latest in Beauty have once again teamed up with Glamour to bring us nine different beauty products that are perfect for summer! I've been keeping my eye on the Glamour Beauty Edits for a while now, not really being that interested in the last couple, but this seasons has been amazing.

For just £16.95 including postage, the fact you get nine products is incredible value. Here's exactly what I got and my thoughts on them.

The product most bloggers seem to be excited about is the Illamasqua lipsticks. A world exclusive; each box contains a full sized lipstick from the new Glamore nude collection. I know a few people said the lipsticks didn't suit them, as the shades vary, but I was lucky enough to receive the shade 'Minx.' It's a gorgeous, browny red which actually suits me. The price of this lipstick alone is more than the whole value of the box. 



I was also excited for the Magnifibres Brush on false lashes. I don't own anything like this, so was happy this was in the box. You apply a layer of mascara, then the fibres, then another layer and get an amazing false lash effect.



The Rimmel London Sunshimmer Instant Tan BB Perfecter was something I wasn't particularly interested in. I have never wore fake tan and it all seems like too much hassle, but still, it's something for me to experiment with. I got the shade 'Medium Matte,' which actually suits me a lot. I've only been brave enough to put it on my legs for now, but it doesn't have that fake tan smell people go on about. It also didn't stain my white bedding. Bonus!

I'm glad LIB also included a tanning mitt as I don't have one. The Velvotan Original Tanning Mitt ensured my hands didn't end up stained, although I did use the wrong side to start with (I should probably start reading instructions.) 

There was some Hawaiian Tropic Satin Protection Ultra Radiance Sun Lotion in SPF 30 in the box. Unfortunately, I've already been on my holiday where it would have been most useful, but we may get some hot weather in the UK. This is a perfect size for travelling with and sticking in a handbag. It also smells amazing. Suncream usually lasts a year, so I may get some use next year with it. 

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is one of my favourites in the box. This is a Japanese brand, so I've never heard of them before, but it does exactly what it says. You apply it to your skin using dry hands to dissolve makeup and get rid of dirt. After playing with my Magnifibres, I used this to remove all the layers of mascara and it did so with ease. I can definitely see this becoming a firm favourite. 

Toni&Guy Volume Plumping Whip is something I wouldn't usually buy. I'm not a fan of sticky substances I have to run through my hair, but I'm happy to give anything a go. One thing I love is volumising products so it will be interesting if this works. 


A few days ago my nanna wanted her nails painting for a wedding, but I didn't have any 'normal' coloured polishes. I received this Crabtree and Evelyn Nail Lacquer in the shade 'apple' which is a gorgeous bright red shade. I think this is my favourite product, and after applying it, I went straight to the website to see what other shades are available. This dries so fast which is a good thing for me, as I always smudge my nails. You need a good top coat to prevent chipping, but what nail polish doesn't?

Lastly, there was a Bourjois Cream Blush. I think the packaging for these are amazing, and although I own a Bourjois Powder Blush, I don't own a cream one. It will be fun experimenting with this. 


So here's what is in the box. Everybody gets the same things, except the shades may vary on some products. I think for the price, you really can't go wrong. Have you picked up this beauty box?     

No comments:

Post a Comment