Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Boux Avenue Room Spray // Review


I'm obsessed with buying scented candles, oil diffusers, and sprays to make my room smell pretty. If you've ever been into Boux Avenue, you'll know that the soft fresh fragrance hits you as soon as you enter. I adore the smell, and was so excited to see that they sold room sprays, so I too could make my room smell as lovely.

At £10 for 100mls, this stuff isn't cheap. But it comes in a square shape glass bottle with pink ribbon that looks so pretty on my dressing table.

I chose the smell 'Pink Taffeta' which contains rose, amber and peony. It is very warm and musky, but also fresh and clean. I love spraying this onto my bedding in between washes to keep it smelling nice.

Unfortunately, the smell doesn't last that long. After first spraying, the room smells lovely for just a few minutes. I know you get used to smells, but even after leaving the room and coming back in, say, half an hour later, I don't detect the smell anymore.

After speaking to someone at the shop, she said she goes through a bottle every couple of weeks. Maybe it's my fault for not spraying enough, but if I'm spending ten pounds on a room spray, I expect to get a great scent payoff without having to use half a bottle.

Also, the lady at the shop says that people buy this to use as perfume. The back of the bottle warns to avoid contact with skin, so maybe this wasn't the right advice for her to be giving out haha.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this again, as I wasn't very impressed with the product. I think a bottle of Febreeze would work just as well, if not better, and you're not breaking the bank.

Although a bottle of Febreeze isn't as pretty to look at.

Have you tried a Boux Avenue Room Spray? What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. I actually saw this in the Boux Avenue store in Meadowhall and actually resisted buying it because i had a feeling the smell wouldn't last very long! Like minds and all that xx

    ReplyDelete