Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 26 October 2014

Sheffield Beauty Bloggers Meet Up // 18/10/14

I was lucky enough to grab a place at the Sheffield Beauty Bloggers meet up (#sheffieldbbloggers) last minute and I'm so glad I got a chance to go. Organised by Georgina of She Might Be Loved, Ashleigh of Beauty Waterfall and Heather of Porcelain Beauty, the event was a huge success.

This was my fourth meet up since starting my blog in January and I love how every meet up has a completely different atmosphere and format, whether it was cozy cups of tea, scavenger hunts, presentations from beauty companies or a completely chilled out event.

I got the train to Sheffield but just as I pulled up at the station, I realised I had forgot my bloody camera! :( This wasn't too much of a problem though as I had my phone and if you know from other beauty events I blog about, I rarely take photos anyway as I'm usually too caught up chatting to other bloggers.

When arriving at Sheffield, I got a taxi with three other bloggers. I'm glad we chose to taxi as I would have never found the venue on my own (or it would have taken me a good 2 hours. Google maps is not my friend.) We arrived at an Indian Restaurant called Maveli which I thought was absolutely perfect for our venue. There was enough room for us to walk about and chat to each other, and there was something to do in every corner of the room.

Georgia was there to greet us as we arrived and told us to grab our goody bags. I loved that we got our goody bags straight away as it meant we got a chance to play with the products. Charley arrived with a nude lip and left with green ones thanks to Makeup Revolution.

After rooting through our bags, I decided to have a wonder. Lush had come to our event with a variety of their products, including some xmas and halloween stock. I bought some bits, but I'm going to post a seperate Lush haul. On top of that, we had a chance to make our own bath bombs and receive a hand and arm massage using one of the massage bars.






The best  bit of the night was the raffle, as there were so many amazing goodies to be won, including products from the Balm, perfumes, and my personal favourite, four beautiful Vivienne Westwood rings.





The raffle was in aid of Look Good, Feel Better, a charity that helps make women feel better when going through cancer treatment by teaching them how to draw on their eyebrows and looking after their skin. Jan from the charity attended to represent them and I think she did an amazing job informing us on this incredible charity. By the end of the night, we had raised around £250.


I was lucky enough to actually win a Vivienne Westwood ring! So thank you to Silver Tree for donating it.

After the raffle, we got to play around with some of Georgina's fancy dress costumes and there was a prize for the funniest photo. I must have been incredibly lucky that day, as I won another Urban Decay eye primer (which my mum gladly took off my hands!)
My winning (blurry) photo!

There's so much more to talk about, that I'd be here writing for another hour. First of all the delicious food the restaurant served us. I'm a picky eater but I tried most things and it was all yummy. The lady from HD Brows who I never actually got a chance to talk to, but who spent all afternoon fixing our brows, applying makeup and offering tips and advice. And lastly, Costello's, the cake company who actually deliver cake to your door.

Thanks again to the organisers for creating such an amazing event :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! What a fab day, I've loved reading everyone's posts on the meet up :)

    Alice Anne | Annie Writes Beauty

    ReplyDelete