Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday 15 February 2015

Cargo Cosmetics - Suited to a Tea Cream Eye Shadow Palette// Review

It's not often the packaging for something sways my decision to buy it, but when I caught my eye on this Cargo Cosmetic's palette in TK Maxx, I knew it was something I had to have before I even saw the shades.

The packaging is made from cardboard and has everything I love on it; pastels, dainty illustrations and cake. The packaging doesn't actually close shut securely, unlike palettes with a magnetic clasp, etc, but this isn't too much of  a problem for me.

This cost me just £9.99 instead of the whopping £30 on feelunique. To be honest, I probably wouldn't have paid the full price for it,  but it does take a lot of thinking and persuading for me to buy anything make up wise that costs more than a tenner.

This palette is unlike anything I've owned before, due to the fact the shadows are all cream. I didn't actually notice this when I bought it and I did consider returning it. However, the shades are were just so pretty and curiosity got the better of me. I don't think I own any cream eyeshadows. I've had my eye on the Maybelline Colour Tattoos for a while, but never got round to trying them.




So what did I think? Honestly, a complete waste of money. I've tried using this about three or four times now, hoping each time I will realise why this palette is £30 full price, But nope. The shadows are really greasy and crease as soon as you apply them. Using a primer does not make any difference whatsoever. I tried setting the shadows with a powder and that made them last a little longer, but not much over an hour.

It's such a shame, because this would be such a lovely palette to own in the product was actually any good. The only pro I can think of, is that I tried using some of the shades as lip and cheek tints and it worked a whole lot better than on my eye lids. However, it's just not practical to carry this around and as you can imagine, it doesn't last that long on the lips either.

Overall, I do not recommend this product. I've seen it pop up in TK Maxx again, and it's just not worth the money. I will probably just use this as some sort of decoration when I move out and get a proper vanity, but until then, it will stay tucked away at the back of my other palettes.

2 comments:

  1. What a shame :( my ears perked up at a cream eyeshadow palette and the packaging is so cute, I just guess it wasn't meant to be! xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete