Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 14 March 2015

Worth The Hype? Bioderma Sebium H20 - Micelle Solution



I'd seen this product floating around the beauty blogging world but wasn't that interested to be honest. It was expensive and hard to get hold of in the UK. However, I spotted it in a pharmacy when I went to Bulgaria and we had some currency left. I decided to purchase it to see what all the fuss was about.

The packaging isn't the prettiest to look at -it's almost clinical with it's clear bottle, blue fluid and white label. But that isn't the important part - the product is.

The one thing I like is that Bioderma have created a micelle solution for all different skin types. I got the combination/ oily version,  but they have other versions for sensitive skin etc.

Bioderma claims to remove impurities from the skin such as makeup and sebum. It recommends to use it twice daily, however I only use it in the evening. To be honest, I just see this as a glorified makeup remover. I have used other Micellar solutions in the past such as the Garnier one and I think they do just as good as job for a lesser price.

The Bioderma one does have it's perks, such as the smell (it smells incredible) and it doesn't sting or leave my skin feeling tight like other products do. It also doesn't irritate my eyes.

So would I purchase it again? Although Micelle solutions have become permanent in my skin care routine, sadly, this one didn't wow me enough to become a holy grail product. I'd much rather save money and go for the cheaper version that does the same job. However, I go to Paris in July, and if I spot it in a pharmacy for a good price, I could be persuaded to buy it again.

If you're interested in this product, it's currently on offer at Escentuals for a 1/3 off.

No comments:

Post a Comment