Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 7 March 2015

Worth the Hype? It's Potent! Benefit Eye Cream



I feel like I'm much too young to notice a great difference when it comes to using eye creams or not. My dark circles only seem to fade when I've had a good night sleep, and I know eye creams are supposed to prevent fine lines, rather than cure them. But at twenty two, I've hopefully got a good few years before my skin starts aging.

So why do I use them? Well, obviously for the preventative factor like mentioned before. But I also find it extremely refreshing to apply eye cream after a long day and soothe my tired eyes.

I'd heard such good things about the Benefit eye cream, 'It's Potent!' Despite it's rather bizarre name, I was curious to try it. A few weeks ago I bought the skin care sample set from a Benefit counter. I think it cost £14.50 and you're supposed to get anything from a week to a months worth of product, depending on how much you use.

I love the packaging of this product and imagine it would look lovely full sized on anyone's dressing table. But it is the product that is the most important thing, right?

I guess I should mention that I seem to have quite sensitive eyes. I used to have problems with them when I was younger, and anything too strong stings to the point where it's almost painful (Soap & Glory Puffy Eye Gel, I'm looking at you.)

The first time I applied It's Potent, I noticed a light stinging, but it went away fairly fast. The next few times, it didn't bother me at all. However, after about a week, my eyes would suddenly start streaming about fifteen mins after using the cream.

This happened about three days in a row, so I decided to stop using it altogether. Because of this, I didn't notice any benefits of using the cream.

Maybe I have really sensitive eyes. Maybe It's Potent is harsher than other products. I just know, for me, it was definitely not worth the hype.

Have you used this eye cream before? What did you think?

4 comments:

  1. This happened to me too Lucy ! I hated it. My eyes just streamed constantly !
    I prefer the loreal eye cream :)

    Alex xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must have really sensitive eyes because every love it! xx

      Delete
  2. I had this, used it for about two weeks and it did absolutely nothing for me. I really don't think it's worth the hype either!
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest, I don't really see any difference whether I wear eye cream or not, but I think that's my age. I'm just scared to stop using them in case I develop fine lines over night!

      Delete