Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 29 December 2015

2015 Review // 2016 Goals.

2015 has been a hectic year. So much has happened to me this year, and I've achieved so many things in the space of twelve months.

In January I graduated. Okay, so I missed my original graduation date in July 2014 as I had booked a holiday before the dates where announced, so it was just a one day event, but an amazing life achievement! University is very stressful, and I'm glad I managed to get through it.

In March, I started my first Graduate job. I can safely say this is nothing like I had ever experienced before. Going from being a Christmas temp at Next on an 8 hour contract, to a full time position in one of the fastest paced environments  I've ever been is, was a challenge, but I loved it. I worked hard and managed to become a team leader in just over three months.

In July, I got married. It still hasn't sunk in yet, although I have started responded by my new last name, and it's weird being called a 'Mrs.' Planning the wedding was one of the hardest things I've ever done, especially in the last three months or so. But the day was amazing, and I wouldn't change any of it.

A few days after we got married, I spent a week in Paris. I don't think I've ever done so much walking in my life, so it definitely wasn't a relaxing honeymoon.

In November, we finally moved out. We actually found our new home in September, however there was a lot of work to be done. We were lucky because as the place was getting redecorated, we got to choose colours and flooring. We've finally got everything in, organised, with pictures and shelves up to make the house more homely. And I finally have a vanity which stores all of my make up!

So what's ahead for 2016? I never stick to resolutions, but I think having goals is important. Here are mine.

- Get healthy. Anyone who lives at home, knows how hard it is to eat healthily, especially when you're not in charge of buying the food. Now I've moved out, I frequently scan the pages of Pinterest looking for healthy meal ideas. I also want to exercise more and drink more water. The goal isn't too lose weight, but to feel better within myself. But if I lose a few pounds along the way, that's okay too.

-Sort my skin out. Okay, so there's nothing really bad with my skin, but lately it has been looking a little dull, and whether that's from stress and tiredness, I don't know. I used to have a skin routine, but lately I've been letting it slide out of pure laziness. It's time to try out some of the products I've hoarded over the past few months and get my skin looking bright again.

- Find time to blog. I'll be the first to admit that my blog has suffered massively this year, and the frustrating thing is that I really enjoy doing it. I want to try and blog at least once a week.

-Read more. I used to read all the time, but in the past year or so, I've not really had the time. When I first moved out, we didn't have internet for the first few weeks, and I managed to read about four books. Perhaps less time on social media and Netflix, and more time with a good book is what's needed. I received loads of books for Christmas, so I'll maybe do a post on which ones I got.

So they're not overly original or ambitious goals, but ones that are definitely achievable. I hope everyone had an amazing 2015. Have you got any goals for the new year? Let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment