Follow on Bloglovin

Monday 15 February 2016

NYX Butter Gloss // Review



As someone who isn't a huge fan of lipgloss, I was surprised at how much I liked the NYX Butter Glosses. I'm sure they need no introduction as they're such a hyped product in the beauty world. 

They're currently sold in Boots at only £5 each (I've only ever seen them online and not in local stores though) and there are 22 shades to choose from. 

Like the name suggests, they're extremely buttery which leaves my lips feeling hydrated. You can wear them over lipstick, but I prefer to wear them on their own. Like most glosses, they never apply as dark as they do in the tube, but this is why I like them. Even the most scary shades are wearable for everyday or nights out. 

They smell very sweet and all of the names are some sort of sweet desert, however I could understand why someone would be put off by the sugary scent. 

As you can see by the photos, I own 5 of the 22 scents. 

Peach Cobler is a bright orange and definately my go-to in the spring/ summer. As you can tell by the battered label, it's my favourite shade out of all four and my most worn. 

Angel Food Cake is a perfect nude/ brown shade and I can use this for both work and nights out. 

Raspberry Tart, although looks scary, actually applies lovely and reminds me of a gloss version of MAC's Rebel. 

I've not actually used Strawberry Parfait yet, but I think it will be a perfect summer shade. 

I would like to add Ginersnap, a dark brown, and Red Velvet, a deep red, to my collection. 

Have you tried the Butter Glosses before? What did you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment