Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 8 March 2016

Kiko Campus Idol Collection*


I recently attended another Hull blogger meet up in which I received four different products from the new Campus Idol Collection from Kiko.

I've tried Kiko make-up previously, buying it from the Bristol shop. However, I get quite overwhelmed walking in as there is so much to choose from! But knowing the quality of the products I already owned, I was excited to try out stuff from their new range.

The design of the products is inspired by American Universities, and they are supposed to create a 'vivacious, rather sassy cheerleader transformed into a true leader with an ironic, casual look when she steps into an urban setting' look, whatever that means. 

I received the campus Idol Face Brush and I can honestly say that I have nothing like this in my collection. It can be used for loose or pressed powders, but due too the sheer size of the brush, I think I'm going to use it to lightly bronze my face. This brush retails for £14.90. 



I also received the Pump It Up Volume and Curl Mascara which retails at £6.20. I haven't used this yet, due to the short expiry dates on mascaras, but I've never tried a Kiko mascara so I'm very curious. I do find the packaging quite bulky compared to some of my other mascaras, but now I'm just being picky. 


Lastly, I received two lip products. To be honest, I think I'm going to give these away, as although I'm sure they're lovely products, they're just not the right colours for me. 

The first one is the Urban Sheen Lipgloss, and I received it in the shade Soft Hydrangea. This retails at £3.40. It's a pretty peachy coral, but it barely shows up on my lips. I would not have said this is a lip gloss, instead a sheer lipstick. I'd love to try another shade of this, maybe 'Fiery Poppy.' 


Lastly, I received the Double Match Lipstick and Lip Liner which retails at £5.50. I got this in the shade Cool Rose and I straight away knew that this would be too light for me. Although I'm pale, my lips are dark and I suit more brown nudes than peachy nudes. It's a shame because in the tube, the colour looks stunning. I really like the concept of this, with the lip liner at one end, and the lipstick at the other. However, the texture was just a bit too creamy for my liking and I think it would end up all over my teeth and chin. I much prefer my Vivid Colour Lipstick Pencil. 





Have you tried any of the new Kiko range? 

*Received in a Goody Bag

No comments:

Post a Comment