Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 2 April 2016

Tanya Burr Eye Shadow Palettes // Review


Eyeshadow Quads are my favourite type of palettes. There's something so easy about them; you typically get an all over lid shade, a crease shade, a highlight and a colour that could be used as eyeliner. And more often then not, they're all designed to work together.

Tanya Burr isn't my favourite Youtube out there, but I do like her make up tutorials. I've already reviewed one of her lipglosses, and I own a couple of her polishes. As soon as I saw her palettes, I knew I wanted to try them.

The first palette I bought was Galaxy. All the palettes come in a stiff cardboard packaging, with a large heart shaped mirror. Apart from the fact the outside packaging can get a little grubby with fingerprints, I really have no complaints about it; it feels sturdy and I think it would be suitable for travelling.



I really like the Galaxy palette; it reminds me of shades you'd find in Urban Decay's Naked Smoky, which I do not own. Snowflake is a sparkly white shade, which I use mainly for an inner corner highlight. Moonlight and Stormy Sky are my favourite shades; Moonlight is a pale grey, whilst Stormy Sky is a dusky purple shade. Starry Night isn't a shade I use too often, as it's dark grey and sparkly but it's still very pretty. 

I really like the quality of the shadows and I don't notice much difference between these and my MAC shadows. 



I bought the Hollywood palette a few weeks after Galaxy, as I liked Galaxy so much. Nude Delight is a perfect all over lid shade. However, I love wearing Gold Coin all over the lid,with Book Worm blended into the crease. Enchantment looks absolutely stunning in the pan, however, it's the most dissapointing shade. The fall out is terrible and it does not build up at all. 

Overall, I love these palettes and use them on quite a regular basis. At only £6, they're a steal. I hope she brings out more palettes. Have you tried any Tanya Burr cosmetics?

No comments:

Post a Comment