Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 19 October 2016

5 Books to Read Before Christmas


I'm the worse for starting a book and never finishing it. I have so many books that I've not even touched, but I just can't stop buying them. I've decided to set myself the challenge of finishing five books I've started before Christmas.

1) The Young Melobourne & Lord M - David Cecil

I was lent this book to read but I've had it so long now, I'm starting to feel guilty for having it. It's so beautifully written and the style reminds me of Oscar Wilde, It's a biography, which I don't really read, but I'm enjoying learning about some history. I'm about 50 pages through this, but I'm hoping to finish it within a couple of weeks.

2) Reasons To stay Alive- Matt Haig

This is a memoir which, again, I don't often read. It explores the authors depression and I've seen a couple of people on my Instagram reading this. I'm about a third of the way through, and I'm enjoying it, but I do think it's a little slow. Maybe my opinion will change once I've completed it.

3) The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath

I've wanted to read this for ages, but I lost it when I moved out. My Dad found it again a few weeks ago, and I'm looking forward to finishing where I left off. This is a book where I've only read a few pages, but I'm enjoying the writing style.

4) Slaughterhouse Five- Kurt Vonnegut

I've gotten half way through this book before, and I really like it. I love a book with really memorable quotes, and this one is full of them. I'm really looking forward to reading this as well.

5) Go Set A Watchman - Harper Lee

I started reading this last year, just before I got married. Of course, life got in the way and I never got a chance to finish it. I'm thinking of maybe reading To Kill A Mockingbird before I restart this book again, so I can fully appreciate the sequel.

I really want to finish these by Christmas. I'm hoping by writing it on here, it will encourage me to actually stick to it. Have you read any of these novels?

No comments:

Post a Comment