Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 22 October 2016

Halloween Makeup Essentials


I really wish I was one of  those people who can create masterpieces on their face on Halloween with latex and fake blood. But I lack the skill, and I really don't want to spend money on products that I will only use one day a year. Each year at Halloween, I find myself creating my makeup look - whether it's a zombie, skeleton or rag doll- with products I already have.

Makeup Revolution is a blogger favourite brand. I was actually gifted the Give Them Nightmares palette at a blogger event, and it's my go too palette at Halloween. It's a beautiful mixture of smokey purples and dark blues- the top left shade is beautiful. This is £6 and you definitely get value for money.

Red eye shadows seem to be everywhere at the moment, but a couple of years ago, I really struggled finding one. Cue MAC's Frankly Scarlett blush. And I will admit, I partly bought this because I love Gone With The Wind, but it's an amazing product as well. It looks scary in the pan, and scary on the face if you use a heavy hand! But the right brush and technique will create a beautiful flush to the cheeks.

Dark lipsticks are a must at Halloween. NYX Soft Matte Lip cream in the shade Copenhagen is beautiful, and I have a Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish lipstick in the shade 04 which is a really dark purple. I have so many dark reds and purples that it was hard to pick just a couple for this post, but these two stood out.

I don't think you can get Biguine Makeup in the UK, but I picked a single eye shadow up in Paris. I have the shade 'Shiny Cuivre' which is a beautiful dark copper shade and I will definitely keep using this into Autumn/ Winter.

Halloween Makeup Tips-

Mix an eye shadow in with a white face paint to create  the colour/ shade you want.

There are no rules at Halloween. Use a blue eye shadow or a red blush to contour. Use an eyeliner on your lips. I love getting creative with products I already have, rather than going out and buying face paint etc.

I find a setting spray helps to prolong the makeup.

Do you have any Halloween makeup essentials?

No comments:

Post a Comment