Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 18 October 2016

My Luxury Lipstick Collection




Five years ago, if you told me somebody would pay £25 for a lipstick, I'd think you where crazy. But there's just something so tempting about Luxury makeup brands, that in 2016, I find myself with a small collection of Luxury lipsticks from brands such as Chanel, YSL, Dior etc.

A lot of these lipsticks were bought with my Boots points. As I was building my makeup collection, I would collect the points and treat myself at the end of the year. I've done this twice in a row now, and I think I've made it some sort of tradition, one that I'm very happy to stick with.

The Chanel Lipstick was the first luxury lipstick I ever bought. I bought a Rouge Allure Velvet lipstick in the shade 'La Flamboyante'. I was told by the girl on the counter that this was a limited edition lipstick but I'm not too sure. This is by far my favourite lipstick packaging, and for my first Chanel lipstick, I chose a beautiful classic red shade.

I think every beauty blogger owns a YSL lipstick. I chose a Rouge Pur Couture lipstick in the shade 09. Again the packaging is beautiful, with a gold mirrored casing and the YSL logo emblazoned on the front. The shade is a berry toned nude which I wore for my graduation. I really like the formula on this; it's creamy and doesn't dry my lips. But it has such a strong floral perfumed scent, that I can taste it when I put it on. Because of that, I rarely wear this lipstick. I've heard there are other YSL lipsticks which do not have the strong scent, so I'd probably recommend those rather than this one.

The last lipstick I've bought with my Boots points, is the Dior Addict lisptick in the shade 976. Apparently this is the one Jennifer Lawrence was wearing in the advert. This lipstick again is very creamy, and it almost looks like it has shimmer running through it. I wanted a different shade to my other two, and ended up getting a red toned pink. I don't wear this very often as I find it quite difficult to apply. The packaging again is beautiful and luxurious.

Lastly, there's my Marc Jacob Lip Creme lipsticks. I bought my first Marc Jacob's lipstick on my Honeymoon in Paris. I went for the shade Boy Gorgeous which is a stunning pink berry shade, and has an almost renaissance look to it, once applied to the lips. I like this packaging as much as the Chanel; I think there's something really classic about black packaging. The tip of the lipstick is rounded, so I have to use a lip liner and lip brush to apply this lipstick, but I think it's stunning.

I have two more Marc Jacob Lip Cremes in a miniature version. These both came in sets with other products. I have the shade Je T'aime which came in a Sephora Favoruite's set. This again is a classic red, although I've not tried it yet. I also have the shade Kiss Kiss Bang Bang which came as a birthday gift. This is a dark nude shade, but again, I haven't worn this yet.

Lastly, I have a Marc Jacob's Sheer Lip Gel in the shade Role Play. This is the lipstick I wear the most out of all of my luxury collection. I wish the packaging was black like the other Marc Jacob lipsticks, but I think it was part of a nudes collection.

What's your favourite luxury makeup brand?

No comments:

Post a Comment