Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday 26 October 2016

Nivea Daily Essentials Hydrating Primer / Review




I didn't really get into makeup until about three years ago, and even though I mostly know what does and doesn't work for my skin, I'm still trying to discover what primer I need to use to get the most benefit out my makeup.

My ideal primer would make my makeup last all day, completely hydrate my skin, and also be brightening. I have primers that do one or two of these things, but I've yet to find one that does all three (if you have a recommendation, please let me know!)

The Nivea Daily Essentials Hydrating Primer intrigued me when I saw it in Boots. I've used Nivea skin care before and I really liked the idea of a hydrating primer. I think if I had to rate the above three things in order of importance; hydration would be number one. There's no use in making my makeup last all day if I'm going to have disgusting dry patches on my face.

The primer is usually £4.99 for 50ml but it's usually on some sort of offer. The packaging is plain, and typical of Nivea; quite medical looking. The primer itself is a lightweight gel texture which I find soaks immediately into the skin.

I can definitely tell this is hydrating. I wear it on top of a facial moisturiser, but I think it could be used on it's own.

In regards to it's other claims of helping your makeup stay put and creating a smooth base, I'm still undecided. I wouldn't say this prolongs my foundation wear in any way, but like I mentioned previously, it reduces the dry patches I get from my skin sucking the moisture out of my foundation. I do find it easier to blend my foundation into the skin after applying this. However, I wouldn't say it's smoothing in the way Benefit's Porefessional is.

Overall, I think this is definitely worth the money, especially for all day makeup usage like at work. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect primer, but this Nivea one will do for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment