Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 20 October 2016

Ways I De-stress

I think this time of year is always stressful; it's dark when you wake up and come home from work, the upcoming expense of Christmas and sometimes, just life in general.

I get stressed quite easily and I make sure I do little things to keep my stress to a minimum. Although these tips don't solve all of my problems, they help to relax me and allow me to start thinking clearly again in preparation for the day ahead.

If I've had a tough day, the first thing I do when I get home is take a hot bath or shower. Usually there's  a Lush or Soap & Glory product involved, and I always put fresh pyjamas on.

One of the tell tale signs I'm stressed, is that I get an irritated scalp. I think the Garnier Ultimate Blends Delicate Soother Shampoo and Conditioner is amazing. It smells stunning, and it has Rice Cream and Oat Milk in it. This definitely helps with the irritation and I would repurchase this again.


I find breaking up my evening routine helps. For instance, I find I feel worse if I simply come home from work and and spend my evening on Facebook and watching Netflix. Sometimes something simple such as reading a book, going out for tea, or going for a walk helps to relieve some of that stress.

I like to use a linen spray on my bedding. I'm currently using the Avon Planet Spa Sleep Serenity Pillow Mist. It's infused with lavender and chamomile, and I find it really warm and comforting. It kind of reminds me of freshly baked cakes.


These small steps really help me unwind after a stressful day. What do you do when you're feeling a bit stressed?

No comments:

Post a Comment