Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday 25 October 2016

What's Your Favourite Scary Movie?



I wouldn't say I'm particularly a horror movie fan, but I do love a good scare every now and then. As we're coming up to Halloween, I find myself searching Netflix for a good scary film, but I don't think you can beat your favourites. Here's a list of my top five scary films.

1) Jennifer's Body

I don't know why this film is not more popular than what it is. Any film that begins with the line 'Hell is a teenage girl' goes straight to the top of my favourites. It's kind of a horror/ comedy and it's not to be taken too seriously as a film, but I can re watch this all the time. I love the quotes from this film, and me and my friends probably quote this as much as we do Mean Girls.

2) A Nightmare Before Christmas

Of course, a Tim Burton film had to be included in this list. A Nightmare Before Christmas is my favourite Tim Burton film, and is perfect for those younger audiences. It's not that scary, but I just love Halloween and you can't beat a good Disney sing song.

3) Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I think I've seen all the Texas Chainsaw Massacre films, but not in any particular order, so you can imagine how confused I get in regards to the actual story line. But this is a cult film, and I find myself putting it on as something to watch when I can't think of anything else. The Texas Chainsaw House at the Universal Horror Night was amazing and reminded me how much I loved these films.

4) American Horror Story

Not a film, but definitely worth mentioning of this list. I'm sure everyone's seen or at least heard of American Horror Story, but if not, it's a TV show that takes the stereotypical 'horror' film and portrays it in a different way. I love the writing, and I love the characters. My favourite season has to be Coven, probably because it was the first season I watched.

5) Jeepers Creepers

I think this film stands out to me as it was one of the first scary films I ever watched. I remember being petrified for ages after. The theme tune still gives me the creeps.

What are your favourite scary films?


No comments:

Post a Comment